Please let us have any interesting or informative items you would like publicised. We can’t promise to display everything but we will do our best.
Free to a good home!
(Donation to EducAid appreciated – via Vanessa @ Butlers Close)
- Epson Claria Orange 33 XL Multipack ink – cost £90.99
- 2 x Epson Claria Orange 33 XL Photo Black – cost £20?
- GPC Epson 33XL compatible Multipack – cost £10?
Post Box: last collection times
Monday to Friday – 4pm
Saturday – 10am
There are funds available from HS2 (who are, even now, breaking ground on the Airfield) to support communities affected by the building of the new railway. We could tap into this in order to upgrade / replace / relocate our village hall for the next generation to enjoy. What should we do? We could
- Renovate the existing hall (roof, windows, doors, heaters etc), but the fabric of the hall is ageing and beyond its original build specification, so maybe not the best option.
- Build a new VH in the existing location. Ideally, this would involve digging out the site to give pavement-level access for those less able. In the current space, we would always be limited in scope and we’d be without a hall for the period of reconstruction.
- Build a new VH elsewhere, on the edge of the village. If we could find someone willing to sell us a suitable plot, we could create a hall that would suit perfectly, preferably with some parking on site. If we could find space, creating a kickabout or play area for the village children would be the icing on the cake. We could then sell the existing site.
However, this project needs someone with time and vision to lead it – are you that person? If so, please contact Wilf on 660455 to apply for the job.
The following was submitted by Sam Gee of Canons Ashby NT property:
I work at Canons Ashby; a National Trust property located a short distance from your parish. At Canons Ashby we are offering a wide variety of opportunities for volunteers, and are very keen to welcome new volunteers to work in lots of different parts of the property.
Please would it be possible to advertise these opportunities on your parish website, and, if you publish one, in your parish magazine?
Sam Gee, Visitor Experience Assistant, Canons Ashby, National Trust