Please let us have any interesting or informative items you would like publicised. We can’t promise to display everything but we will do our best.
Village Post Box: last collection times
Monday to Friday – 4pm
Saturday – 10am
Cropredy Tennis Club
Cropredy Tennis Club is small friendly club offering facilities for family, social and competitive play to residents of Cropredy and the surrounding rural communities. The club’s two hard courts are situated at Cropredy Sports Field. As a member of the Lawn Tennis Association the club receives an allocation of Wimbledon tickets to purchase each year, which are allocated to members by ballot.
• Club nights for all adult members are held on Monday evenings throughout the season from 6.00 pm onwards.
• Non-members are welcome to come to their first club night as a free “taster”, so they can try out the facilities and meet other members before they decide to join the club.
• Ladies-only club nights are held on Wednesday evenings from 6.00pm.
• Summer social event on 9 June includes a “Rusty Rackets” session, to welcome those wishing to get back to tennis after a break, or those wanting to try tennis for the first time.
• Free Junior “taster” session 28 April, 2.30-3.30 includes fun games and drills
• Junior coaching Friday nights 4.15 to 5.15 starting on 26 April.
• Coaching can be arranged for juniors and adults if there is enough demand.
Cropredy Tennis Club welcomes players of all ages and abilities, offering membership at subscription rates that are among the most competitive in the area.
For more information visit www.cropredytennisclub.co.uk
Volunteering at Sulgrave Manor
We’ve received the following request from Sulgrave Manor:
‘Sulgrave Manor, ancestral home of George Washington, is looking for enthusiastic people to join the team of friendly volunteers. The Manor is steeped in history and we are on the hunt for House Volunteers, Garden Volunteers and Learning Engagement Volunteers.
House Volunteers bring the heritage to life for the visitors during opening season (Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays 12-5 April-September). We would love for volunteers to offer one day a week or fortnight for the open season.
Garden Volunteers assist the Head Gardner in developing and maintaining the Manor’s historic garden. We are looking for volunteers on every day of the week Monday- Friday, 10-3.
Learning Engagement Volunteers assist the team with both the schools programme and activities for school holidays and open seasons. This role is really flexible as regards days.
All roles are suitable for anyone over the age of 18 with an interest in history and/or gardens, no experience necessary, all training given. Volunteers are welcome to volunteer in groups or pairs. Roles are flexible so you can fit volunteering around your commitments. If you are interested in finding out more, please contact: email@example.com or 01295760205.
The following was submitted by Sam Gee of Canons Ashby NT property:
I work at Canons Ashby; a National Trust property located a short distance from your parish. At Canons Ashby we are offering a wide variety of opportunities for volunteers, and are very keen to welcome new volunteers to work in lots of different parts of the property.
Please would it be possible to advertise these opportunities on your parish website, and, if you publish one, in your parish magazine?
Sam Gee, Visitor Experience Assistant, Canons Ashby, National Trust